Boat/Watercraft Insurance in South Carolina
While there are many fun things you can do in South Carolina, only a few can match a great time in the water. Boating is a fantastic way to have fun, away from the hustle and bustles of the city. However, as you immerse yourself with fun in the water, don’t forget about boat insurance from Ingram Insurance Agency. Boat insurance gives you peace of mind and protects you from financial losses when you least expect it.
Boat insurance coverage options
While boat insurance isn’t mandatory, like car insurance, we strongly recommend purchasing this coverage. Although boat insurance doesn’t prevent accidents, it lessens your financial burden when bad things happen. The standard boat insurance coverage options include:
- Liability coverage: This is one of the most important policies you can ever think of. Liability insurance covers you when you are legally liable for an accident that results in property damage and bodily injury to others. Since one significant liability claim is enough to ruin your finances, liability coverage is a must-have insurance plan.
- Comprehensive insurance: This policy covers your boat from physical damage or loss inflicted by a non-collision peril such as fire, theft, and hail.
- Collision coverage: While boating accidents aren’t as frequent as car accidents, they still happen and often leave a trail of expensive losses. Luckily, when your boat is damaged in a boating accident, your collision coverage pays for the repairs and even replacement if your boat is beyond repair.
- Wreckage and spillage cleanup: Suppose you hit a boulder and spill oil and fuel in the water. You must clean up the spillage, which doesn’t come cheap. However, if you have wreckage removal/fuel spillage coverage, it’s your insurer’s headache to clean up the spillage and remove the wrecked boat from the water.
- Other coverage options: Boat insurance is broad, meaning you can consider other coverage options. Other boat insurance policies you can consider include umbrella insurance, roadside assistance, uninsured boater insurance, and medical payments coverage.
Are you looking for affordable boat insurance in Cheraw, SC? Please get in touch with Ingram Insurance Agency for a competitive quote.